new laptop and JAWS?

  • From: "Jim" <jp100@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 18:58:45 -0800

Hi everyone,

Well, I'm on the verge of purchasing a new laptop.  I need something faster
with a bit more power and definitely more memory.

Everything I see now has Windows 7 premium or home edition, which is fine.

However, my main concern is whether or not I need to be aware of anything
when purchasing the new computer.

Does the fact that it is 64 bit mean anything regarding JAWS?  I will
probably also be getting Office 2010.

Will I have any real problems with JAWS and will there be some settings I'll
need to change or can I basically install JAWS and use it out of the box?

I need to definitely learn Windows 7 and Office 2010, so I figured since I'm
looking for a new laptop that it would be the perfect time.

Oh, are there any brands that work better than others?

Thanks!

Jim