Re: new jfw user

  • From: Jean Menzies <jemenzies@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 08:53:16 -0700

Try cleaning out your Temp folder under C:\documents and settings\User name\local settings\temp. This is where Word puts a lot of it's working files, and if you let junk pile up in there, Word can become unresponsive. This folder is not cleaned out automatically, so you have to do it manually. If you try to delete a temp file that's in use, you'll get an error message. So, what I do is find the file where the date is from the previous day and delete that and everything older. Then I avoid the error message and keep the folder under control.

This might not be a Jaws problem but rather a system maintenance problem.

Jean

----- Original Message ----- From: "david b. dahlin" <msrdavidv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>