RE: new computer buying

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 12:27:12 -0400

I find that buying a computer, at least for some people, can be a lot
like buying a car.  My current car has 215 horsepower and 220
foot/pounds of torque.  It has a tongue weight limit of 500 pounds and a
total weight capacity of 1800 pounds and a displacement of 3.2 liters.

I don't think I knew any of these numbers when I bought it, and I swear
I've met people since then who bought the same car with a bigger engine
because they wanted more horse power, more foot/pounds of torque, etc.
To somebody these numbers are indeed important, but to most of us they
can be confusing at best, and can make us spend more money than we need
to at worst.

Chip