RE: new computer buying

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:32:17 -0400

Actually, this advice isn't quite correct, as it depends a lot on the
amount of L2 cache memory you have (as this cache memory isn't accessed
via the bus, it's not effected by the bus speed, so you can see
considerable improvements without having a faster bus speed).

It also doesn't help to have a bus speed any faster than your main
memory can support.

=20