RE: new computer buying

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:32:57 -0400

I'm glad you're able to work out your software issues, but I still stand
firmly behind what I said; even for a family with gamers, unless you
simply can't afford it, a laptop is *always* a better choice.  You'll
never know when you want one of the kids to take it into another room to
give you some privacy or quiet; you'll never know when you'll need to
travel for work; and you'll never know when you want to take it along on
a vacation to check your email or whatever.

You'll never know when one of your kids wants to take it to a friends
house for a multi-player game party.

The *only* downside is that you do pay slightly more for laptops, and if
you travel with them, there is a slight risk they can be damaged or
stolen; you can buy laptop insurance for about $50 per year if this is
the case.

Chip

=20