nero and hard drive backup

  • From: "Stephen Faill" <stephen.faill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 20:33:34 +0100

hello list

i understand how to use my version of nero to back up my hard drive onto dvd
disks but...

once i have a selection of dvd disks with my entire hard drive contents on them
what use are they?

i originally intended to do this to give myself a back up of the hard drive in
case of a fatal error with the drive, but if my drive had to be formatted for
any reason how would i get the information from the dvd disks onto the new hard
drive that i would have to put into my machine?
does nero copy the whole operating system over and are the disks bootable?

i have tried to get information on this from doing a google search but i don't
seem to get anywhere.

all help is appreciated.

stephen