navigating html tables

  • From: Michael Arnowitt <foodsong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 20:07:10 -0400

I am not doing too well trying to learn how to navigate tables on a web-page. I found keyboard shortcuts in Jaws help, but have only had success with alt + ctrl + arrow to go to an adjoining table cell, but would certainly like to at a minimum also have some working keystrokes for getting quickly to the beginning or end of a row or column, or speaking the row and column number. When I try these html table shortcuts on the internet, they're not working for me. (They also seem difficult to reach with only two hands, having three would be a lot nicer.)

Also, I occasionally hear Jaws say "not in table" and am not sure how best to get the focus right.

An example of a web-page that I have troubles with would be a Google Docs spreadsheet, but naturally there are tables on many other web-sites as well.

I am using Jaws 10.

Thanks,
Michael

Alternative archives located at: