my impressions of mozilla so far:

  • From: "david poehlman" <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw users email list" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 15:56:48 -0400

Hi guys.

I'm running jaws 5.0.844 on a P II 350 mhz system with 128mb ram and a 20gb
hd and windows xp pro.  I grabbed the latest beta build of mozilla which is
an release candidate and found that it didn't crash my system and performed
quite well in many respects although it still needs work.  It's got a ton of
great features and feels a lot like the old netscape which I loved.

I encourage you all to try it and provide feedback to the developpers, you
can tab through links and form fields and hve them spoken and fill out
forms.  the page begins to speak as soon as it loads.  There are still some
quirks in forms and I'm sure in some things I haven't come across yet
because I've only had a short time to play with it.  It's come a long way
since I played with it last year and I'm glad to see that we may have a
choice of browsers soon.

David Poehlman
poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx