my former japanese student

  • From: "Kathleen A. Millhoff" <kmilhoff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws list" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:40:12 +1000

Hello,
It's been almost a year since I wrote, requesting help for a student of mine
who wished to have Jaws in Japanese.
I saw him today.  He is now successfully working in the tourism industry,
planning to begin college, and owns a copy of Jaws in Japanese, which he
uses at work.  He told me it's the Japanese version and sounds just like
people talking "very clear."
Of course, as his teacher, I was very happy about the good news.
But, though I like Jaws in English, along with all else, I'm now wondering
if the Japanese have a superior model.  Clear as the speech is in the
English speaking Jaws, I've never considered it as clear as a human's voice.
Very best,
kat