Re: mute wave

  • From: "Adam Daou" <adam.daou@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:47:07 -0500

Hi Lenny,
I know of three situations where the wave is set to mute.
First situation, Windows 98. The user has simultaneously pressed Windows + V
keys by mistake. This will mute the system sound. Still don't know about its XP
equivalent.
Second situation, some control-hungry software needs to mute the sound output
for input/output adjustment by the user. No idea why the programmer doesn't
clean up the mess upon canceling or exiting. Really unfair!
Third situation, the sound output has been disabled by another user who is
annoyed by Jaws talking whenever the computer is started.
Adam