Re: music sharing programs

  • From: "Michael G." <commodore128@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 22:46:34 -0600

I think Kazaa is dead. They're involved in some legal wranglings in Australia so I think the network is down and has been for some months now. Direct Connect works very nicely though. For this, I use the DC++ client. I'm using DC++ version .674. Another file sharing program you can try is Ares P2P. This one is very Jaws accessible as well. You can find it on Download.Com. Make sure the one you get says Ares P2P and not just Ares. The version you'll find there will not include any spyware. However, it is a shareware version and you'll periodically get a pop-up message asking you to buy the thing. I wouldn't buy it though because I've tried emailing the makers of the software and never got any response. Still, the software works great and I don't have a problem putting up with the occasional pop-up ad. Another option is BitTorrent. There are many different clients you can choose from. The one BitTorrent client I've heard that works with Jaws is called UTorrent I think. I haven't tried this one yet but I intend to.

Michael

---- Original Message ----- From: "Caitlyn McFarland" <cmcfarland@xxxxxxxxx>