Re: mstsc accessibility

  • From: "Blake Sinnett" <frequency660@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 14:09:16 -0600

Make sure server and cliant remote access is installed for JAWS. Also, your license must support it.

From: "Michael G." <commodore128@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Reply-To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: mstsc accessibility Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:36:12 -0600

Hi,

I don't know if there's a way to have Jaws read this screen for you. Have you tried memorizing the screen and maybe timing when this login screen comes up? I imagine that the cursor will by default in the User ID field by default. You would only then have to tab down once to the Password field. My only concern is that that Jaws not reading may not be limited to the Login screen. It's possible that Jaws might not read anything in the terminal window. Which version of Jaws are you using by the way? I thought I had read somewhere that Jaws 7.0 would allow people to access the remote access window. Window Eyes has had this capability since their last release and I thought Jaws was going to add this feature as well.

Michael

----- Original Message ----- From: shrirang sahasrabudhe To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 10:12 AM Subject: mstsc accessibility

hi list, i have a query...

i need to use "Microsoft terminal service center", for accessing machine remotely.

I could connect to the machine successfully but as the user login appeared jaws went blank.

  It was not reading anything except icons like "graphic480" etc.

  i could not understand where I was.

  with my colleague's assistance I filled up user name and password.

  But jaws was not able to read anything on any of it's screens.

Actually my work requires me to connect to different machines remotely and make some configurations, run things and monitor the responses.

  Do we need to make any special settings in jaws to make jaws read the ui?

  Thanks in advance.

  Shri