moving columns in Access 2007

  • From: Shanda Adkins <shanda.adkins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW User's List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 13:28:31 -0500

Hi, All,
  I hope everyone is well.
  I'm not entirely sure whether this is an Access issue and relates
more to my limited knowledge of the program or whether it's a JFW
issue.
  As a reminder, I'm running Office 2007 professional, and JFW 12.
  It does look like from what I'm reading that sighted people are able
to rearrange columns using drag and drop, and I thought I would be
able to do so as well, but thus far I've not accomplished what I'm
trying to.
  My access table contains several fields.  One of those fields is
first name, the other I'm concerned with is last name.  In the table,
the last name field is before the first name field and I need to
switch the order of these fields thus putting first name before last
in the table.  From what I've read, this should be doable using drag
and drop and perhaps it is, but I'm failing to accomplish it.
  If this is more of an issue relating to my limited knowledge of
Access and using it with JFW than a direct JFW issue, please feel free
to contact me off list.
  Thanks so much for any input,
Shanda
Alternative archives located at: