RE: mouse click keys on laptop layout?

  • From: "James Homuth" <james@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 06:10:53 -0400

I think I've figured out why you're having that issue. FS is trying to
employ a double usage of the caps lock key, and it's not playing nice for
you. Caps lock doubles as both the jaws key (usually insert), and apparently
a function key for simulating mouse actions. You want it to do one, and it
goes ahead and does the other. I've seen similar behaviour when using
certain reading keys on the laptop. My advice to you would be to contact FS
support and see if they're aware of the issue. The only other thing I can
recommend in the meantime is switch to classic laptop (keyboard commands are
in the help menu). It utilizes the alt key for certain things instead, which
I found on my own machine, anyway, worked a little better.

James,
List Admin