more info on Typing tutorial and JAWS

  • From: "Jack Lowe" <akronjack1982@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:42:51 -0500

Here's a little info about the program...

Talking Typing Teacher for Windows

Over the last few years, we've noticed an ever-increasing need for a typing
program that's both fun and easy to use for novice and advanced computer
users
alike. MarvelSoft's flagship product is Talking Typing Teacher, a
revolutionary new typing program that's ideal for home or classroom use.

Built from the ground up with blind and visually impaired students in mind,
Talking Typing Teacher features digitized human speech, which is used
everywhere
in the program. This means that whether you're navigating menus, changing
options, managing dozens of student accounts, or visiting the Help Desk,
you'll
enjoy listening to Eager Eddie read the screen. What makes TTT so special,
however, is that each and every typing lesson or practice session is read
aloud
with clear, concise pre-recorded dialog. Put quite simply, you won't need to
worry about trying to understand synthetic speech when you're learning to
type with TTT. The only thing Text-To-Speech is really used for is to read
your name and play back text you type into Workbook, a fully-functional
talking
word processor that ships with Talking Typing Teacher.

But that's not all! TTT easily accommodates the specific needs of all
visually impaired typists. With just a few clicks of the mouse, you can pick
from
dozens of fonts, change the size of text, and decide how heavy the print
should be, (not to mention achieving the ideal color contrast by selecting
from
thirty different background and text colors). These options ensure that
everyone will get the most out of Talking Typing Teacher. Whether you're
reading
the screen or letting Eager Eddie do the reading for you, you'll have the
chance to learn to type, and enjoy doing so!

- Listen to an audio demo of Talking Typing Teacher (MP3 File)
- Listen to the comprehensive 90-minute review of TTT produced for ACB
Radio's Main Menu show (MP3 File)

Features Include:

*  Built-in human speech (in the form of MarvelTalk) that narrates the
entire program;

*  Complete interaction with both sound and full-color animations;

*  Detailed lesson curriculum designed with three levels of instruction;

*  Lessons consisting of spoken and displayed instructions, practice drills,
and final reminders;

*  Lessons that teach and reinforce typing, with careful emphasis on posture
and correct typing habits;

*  Three levels of instruction that not only change the number of keys that
are taught, but also how the instructions are worded and presented;

*  Constant positive and encouraging reinforcers throughout the entire
curriculum;

*  The ability to create an unlimited number of customized lessons to
further enhance your typing curriculum;

*  A countless number of optional tunes and sound effects to enhance student
performance and make the entire curriculum exciting and fun;

*  Seven separate functions to test and enhance typing skills between each
lesson; and

*  Full support for multiple student use. This means that you can have more
than one student set up with the program, and TTT will pull up each
student's
record when he or she logs in.

Menu Outline

Here's a quick summary of the various exciting options you'll discover on
the main screen of TTT:

*  "File Cabinet" is a powerful tool for teachers that makes it possible to
swiftly manage entire groups, keep track of individual students' progress,
and
create customized typing lessons.

*  "Explore the Keyboard" allows students to press any key or key
combination on the keyboard, and hear it spoken aloud. If you want the keys
they type
in other programs announced as well, just hold down a shift key when you
push this button.

*  "Typing Lessons" is where you or your students will spend many happy
hours following a detailed, fun, and interactive typing curriculum.

*  "Key Practice" is a great way to ensure that students are able to quickly
locate each and every key on the keyboard.

*  "Word Practice" presents students with randomly selected words to be
typed, to help reinforce newly-acquired typing skills.

*  "Sentence Practice" has been designed to help students practice typing
three different levels of full-length, interesting sentences.

*  "Typing Games" is a set of six games designed to help students enjoy
their newly acquired skills, creating the perfect learning environment for
everyone!

*  As if that's not enough, TTT comes complete with "Talking Workbook", a
fully functional word processor, that can be used to test your new typing
skills
on a practical application. Such advanced features as "Find", "Search and
Replace", "Word Count", and "Check Spelling" are included in this fantastic
editor.

*  And to top it all off, students can finish off their typing class by
getting their current typing speed.

As you can see, TTT is truly for everyone! Whether you are an individual who
wishes to learn to type, a parent who wants to give your child a head start
in typing, or a professional looking for an innovative, flexible and
easy-to-use typing program for ALL your students, you have just found the
ideal solution!

Note: this version of Talking Typing Teacher is licensed for use on one PC
only. If you're an individual wanting to use the program, or if you're an
educator
who will be running the product on a single computer, this version of the
program is just for you. On the other hand, if you need to use TTT in a lab
or
classroom setting (where it will be installed on more than one computer),
please skim down for more info on Talking Typing Teacher Pro. Thank you.

System Requirements

To run the program, you'll need:
a PC (at least 90 megahertz) running Windows XP, ME, 2000, 98, 95, or
Windows NT Service Pack 4,
16 megabytes of RAM,
A standard keyboard (Not USB!)
20 megabytes of available disc space,
a 16-bit Sound card and speakers (or headphones),
a CD-ROM drive,
and Internet Explorer 4.01 or later.

Price: $99.95 + $5 Shipping

 Manual Format
  Large Print

Quantity
1

Add to My Cart

Talking Typing Teacher Pro

Talking Typing Teacher Pro is fully network-compatible, and is licensed for
use on up to thirty-five computers. This means that you can install the
program
on one computer (the server), and use it on up to thirty-five remote
computers (the clients). This is of inestimable value if you are a teacher
because
all your students' information is stored in one central location. In this
way, you can always keep track of your student's progress, without having to
go around to each desk. Because student reports are updated every minute,
you can keep tabs on each student in your class from any computer on your
network
that always has accurate, up-to-date data.

TTT Pro also comes complete with an electronic copy of the comprehensive
teacher's instruction kit. This innovative educational package is designed
to assist
professionals in teaching the Talking Typing Teacher program. It contains a
text copy of all three levels of instruction, along with helpful hints and
tips for each one. Although the entire curriculum is presented audibly and
visually, this kit gives a professional an excellent idea of what is covered
in each lesson, allowing for greater adaptability in planning and
presentation. The tips at the end of each lesson have been designed to allow
the teacher
to present students the material and/or additional practice at their own
pace and cognitive ability.

System Requirements

To run the program, you'll need:
a PC (at least 90 megahertz) running Windows XP, ME, 2000, 98, 95, or
Windows NT Service Pack 4,
16 megabytes of RAM,
A standard keyboard (Not USB!)
420 megabytes of available disc space on the server computer,
20 megabytes of available disc space on each client machine,
a 16-bit Sound card and speakers (or headphones),
a CD-ROM drive,
and Internet Explorer 4.01 or later.

Note that your network administrator must assign Read/Write/Modify
privileges to all users for the Program Files\MarvelSoft folder.

Price: $399.95 + $5 Shipping

 Manual Format
  Large Print

Quantity
1

Add to My Cart

What's in my cart?
Check Out
- Talking Typing Teacher
- Talking Toolbox
- Marvel Math
Speaking Spelling
Quality Quiz
Talking Teacher Suite
- Braille Books and Products from Braille Books Dot Com
- Return to the MarvelSoft Home Page
 Email Us
Contact Us
- Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1999-2005, MarvelSoft Enterprises, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.