Re: modifying scripts when there's no .jss file

  • From: "Debbie Scales" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:29:53 -0400

Troy, sometimes people will just give you the jsb file (the compiled script)
and not the source (the jss file).  For example Jim does that with scripts
he sells.
So in that case you can't modify the scripts either.  But if you don't even
have a jsb file, then you aren't using any scripts with that program.  You
are only using configuration changes which is what the jcf file is for.
I know that is a little confusing, because a jcf file is a type of script
file.  But the jcf is not the file that contains the scripts and the code.
That is in the jss file (the source file).
Debbie