microsoft tables with JAWS

  • From: "Marie Lyons" <mlyons53@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 19:50:02 -0500

The answer to this quiry might best be answered by someone who is also a
musician as well as a JAWS user.  I am using msword tables with JAWS  to
make guitar tablature that talks.  The colums are for the measures and notes
and their values.  The rows 2-7 are the 6 strings on a guitar.  One thing
that has happened is for the pc cursor to be putting the note and value in
the wrong column.  It does this by itself.  Another thing that has happened
is that one time the same table works fine with the keyboard commands then
the next time it doesn?t.  I get a message stating that the table is
non-uniform.  What I?m trying to do is create a table that doesn?t do this.
I?m not sure how to determine what point value I need to fit .  I?ll give
you a sample

2

3

3 ¼

As I made this it went from uniform to non-uniform.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Marie