Re: making vowel sounds with Jaws?

  • From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 07:31:14 -0800

Brandon,

I really don't understand what you're needing to accomplish. Are you trying to
construct diphthongs with vowel combinations to correctly speak the standard
vowel sounds? Are you constructing a list of these for a class, yourself, or to
put into a JAWS dictionary file?

And then you may need to consider that Eloquence through a sound card may have
a different sound than through a hardware synth like a Dectalk Express. and how
about those Real Speak and SAPI 5 voices?

Again I just don't understand your mission.

Dave
Composed on a Dell Latitude 630 in the general vicinity of my Audio Recording
and Mixing Studios, San Francisco Bay Area.