making a call with google voice and jaws

  • From: "CrisMunoz54" <crismunoz54@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 13:57:05 -0700

Hello list,

I'm playing with google voice and cannot for whatever reason make a call
through my computer. Having google voice call my cell or home phone and then
connecting me is no problem, but with the headphones and microphone... no
dice. I installed the voice plug in and yes, I have checked that the volume
is up and that the microphone is properly working.

I go to the
voice.google.com
site and either select a number from my contact or just type in the number I
want to call. Then I go into the combo box to select which phone/ option I
want to use to call with and I choose the "google talk" one and then press
enter on the connect toggle button. Jaws will read it saying "calling you",
but I get no indication that anything is happening on my end and eventually,
it just goes back to the connect button.

Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong? The help section says that I've
pretty much got everything write on what I'm supposed to do, but I'm
wondering if there's some inaccessible feature or aspect to it that I'm not
aware of?

Thanks.

Alternative archives located at: