Re: major problems with say all in new JAWS update

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 23:41:27 -0800

I seem to have missed some developments since I downloaded my Jaws 8.0 in
January, because you guys are talking about having problems with an update
that you can't install as a partial update unless you've installed some
previous one that I didn't even know had been released, or something.

The version I'm running is 8.0.423. That's what I downloaded in January.

So you're saying that I can't use the auto update feature in the Jaws menu
to update this, or else I'll start having even more problems than version 8
is already giving me?

Anyway, I'd like to read an explanation about this latest version or update,
and see if it's supposed to correct any of the glitches that have troubled
me to this point with version 8. But when I explore on the FS site to find
something, all I can find is a page offering the latest full version,
numbered 8.0.1163, with the note that it's an ILM thing. Does that mean if,
following you guys' advice, I update by downloading the entire updated
current version, it'll require one of my keys, leaving me with one fewer, a
possible inconveinece later? I thought updates were simply free if you
already had a current versin installed.

Maybe I'm missing a page that has only updates and some explanation about
them? After reading you guys' complaints, I'd rather download from the FS
site than use the auto update feature, but where do I go to find this update
and read about it, too?

Thanks.