mailing another lister off list (Re: Jaws & Vista users...)

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 09:09:23 -0700

You can do this a couple of ways without too much trouble.

1. If you're using Jaws 7 or 8, you can use the Reply directly to Sender
feature. Friends, please note that this is not the Outlook Express function
of replying all or replying to all. This is a different thing, totally a
Jaws feature. Thanks.

In the two versions, the keystrokes are different. In my own Jaws 7, it
happens to be set up to use control shift r, and in Jaws 8, it's set for
insert shift r. I can't be sure what your keystroke might be, but you will
have the ability if you're in 7 or 8.

When you press that, Jaws will say "replying directly to sender," and your
focus will be at the top of the message, waiting for you to begin writing,
just as if you'd simply pressed Control R in OE. To reassure yourself that
the trick worked, it may be a good idea to shift tab up into the To line of
the headers, and make sure that the right address is actually there. But
this function usually works fine, so I'm only saying this so you know how to
check.

2. The old-fashioned thing, one way amount others, would be to go ahead and
press control r in OE if you're using OE, but then before you start writing,
arrow down to the headers of the message to which you're replying. Now find
the From line that has the sender's address. isolate it from the rest of
that line, copy it to Clipboard, and then shift tab up into the To line of
the headers. Press home to be at the left end of that line, press shift end
to select to end of line, hen paste in the address you've got in the
clipboard, and it will replace the address of the JFW list.

Others might suggest selecting the JFW address in the To line by pressing
Control A for select all, because they like to do that. which is fine. Works
the same.

Hope this helps. Even the second suggestion isn't so much hassle once you do
it.