Re: loading correct config file

  • From: Jean Menzies <jemenzies@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:48:13 -0600

The program is a digital audio transcription program for playing back
digitally recorded files and transcribing them.  The company created
this new version to be Section 508 compliant.

The company is For The Record, Inc., and they specialize in software for
court room appplications.  Many courts no longer use court reporters,
but record proceedings in this FTR Gold format and then use transcribers
to create the written copy.  That's what I'm going to be doing.

If you go to
www.fortherecord.com
you can find the Section 508 compliant player.  If I remember right, you
go to the support pages.  Then when you choose the download link, you
have to register before downloading but registration is free.  The file
is called
TheRecord Player.zip
if you want to check it out.

I think it is quite accessible as is, but I'm still baffled as to why it
appears to me that the included Jaws files don't load.  Maybe I'm wrong.
Heck, that wouldn't be the first time.  Smile.

The file downloads to your desktop, and then when you run it, it
displays a list view and you have to manually choose the setup file.

Jean