Re: list of key strokes for Excel

  • From: "Dave Durber" <d.durber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 15:18:58 -0500

Adrian:

You are probably right when you say that keystrokes which are listed in
reference guides are not covered by copyright law.

However, the content which describes how to use them and any instructions
and suggested methods on how to use them, more than likely is covered by
some copyright law, which is why we all should err on the side of caution
and, unless there is a specific statement, that stipulates the material is
public domain, reframe from distributing, by posting on any list, anything
that could be considered to be covered by any copyright laws.

When all said an done, there is know point in causing a problem and getting
oneself into trouble with the law, when it can be avoided by using a little
caution and common sense.

There are times, when it is necessary to kick over the traces and be defiant
but, this is not one of them.

An ounce of prevention, is infinitely better than a ton of cure, isn't it!

Anyway, that is my last comment and posting on this thread.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber