Re: leaving letters out of the middle of words

  • From: "Sandra Mortellaro" <sandram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 20:07:51 -0500

I am using XP and word as my processing program. It was doing it when useing 8.0 and with 9.0 also. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard sherman" <squirman@xxxxxxxxxx>

To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 5:23 PM
Subject: Re: leaving letters out of the middle of words

Hi Sandra,

What version of word and jaws are you using that you are having these
problems?

Are you having this problem any other place?

Two possible remedies for the situation:

1. Press insert + esc to refresh the screen and then see if the words speak
properly.

2. If that does not work, highlight the word, press f7 to spell check it,
and see if it now speaks properly.

I too experienced these problems in outlook express, not word 2003 as much
and this is how I used to fix it. Jaws 9 seems to have fixed this problem
for me.

Good luck on finding the answers you seek.

Rich

----- Original Message ----- From: Sandra Mortellaro
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 7:13 PM

Hi, does anyone have any idea of why JAWS might leave letters out of the
middle of words? I use word as my processing program and I have been having
trouble with letters missing from the middle of words.