Re: large attachments

  • From: "Jack Lowe" <akronjack1982@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:45:56 -0500

Judith, it depends on what you mean by large.  I can't imagine a .doc file
being that large that it wouldn't send.  I have sent files that were several
megs and they go through.  But, it can depend on how large the recipients
mailbox is at the server.  For example, with earthlink, I have a 10MB
mailbox.  But Juno has a 3MB mailbox.  Well, they did the last time I
checked.  Some of the free services like hotmail only give you 1MB of space,
but I have heard that they've increased that.
I know that if I have to send a really large attachment to a friend,  I 'all
have them leave their outlook express open.  Then I set outlook to break
apart messages that are too large.  So, the message is broken down into
several sections and sent out one by one.  All of those sections go into
their computer's inbox.  Then when the last segment of the message arrives
in their inbox, all of the parts are put back into one message.  You can
also set the size in which you want it broken down into.
I know that this is off your original question, but it seemed relevant to
the post.   Jack