Re: laptop query

  • From: Alex Midence <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 11:50:25 -0500

Try running jaws on it from a thumb drive that way you don't have to mess with narrator. It also prevents you having to install the software on your parents' computer. It sounds like a screen saver problem to me. Go to whatever that operating system uses for a control panel and turn off the screen saver in the display options. That, or set it so that it doesn't require a password to resume use of the computer.

Best I can do for you, man. Why do you want to use their machine, anyway? Yours sounds just fine and it has Jaws on it to boot. I'm not sure anyone around here can give you much help with narrator. We're all pretty strictly Jaws users with the odd Window Eyes person here and there.

Good luck,
Alex

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marvin Hunkin" <startrekcafe@xxxxxxxxx>