jfw9 and tv tuner cards

  • From: Tedster <tedgalanos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:19:13 -0600

Hi there,

I am interested in any information users may have in using HD PC TV tuner cards with JAWS 9. I have other disabilities affecting my hands which means that using a small tv remote or telephone keypad or pc keyboard are impossible. In order to use a computer, I type using an alternative U.S.B. input device called a Darci. This device allows me to input via Moorse Code. Using 2 switches in a certain sequence of dots and dashes, I type any alpha-numeric and special character and functional keys and mouse or jaws-cursor key functions found on the keyboard.

I mentioned the telephone keypad. I use Skype now to function as my primary telephone because I can dial independantly. I would like to do the same with my television access. As I said, a tv remote won't work, but I've found U.S.B. and P.C.I. tv tuner cards on some electronic store web sites. These devices look like they would work great for a mouse user or with the included remote, but will it work with the keyboard and/or jaws?

If you, the reader, use a product like I've described with Windows XP operating system, please tell me your thoughts, experiences, and a recommendation if possible.

Thanks,

Ted Galanos
832-632-7779

E-Mail and Messenger: