Re: jfw for the blind or visually impaired

  • From: "Holger Fiallo" <holgerfiallo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 19:14:25 -0500

I think the pperson need to be shown both programs whether is jaws, window eyes, magic and whatever is close to magic and let the person decide what is best for her.him?

-----Original Message----- From: Ann Byrne
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 6:52 PM
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: jfw for the blind or visually impaired

Where I teach, we recommend JAWS to people who need 5x magnification or greater in order to read the screen.

Hello:

I wanted to post this here seeing as this mailing list gets lots of traffick.

My question is concerning the use of jaws and is the "screen" reader mainly used for completely blind individuals or partially sighted individuals?

I am not a teacher for the blind, so it is interesting to me when a person is told due to his or her "lack of vision" jaws will be reccomended. So, the question raised here is where would a persons vision need to be at in order to use jaws? If someone can read 20 point font or higher would jaws be necessary?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Take care.

Holger Fiallo
Kind Regard