RE: jfw for the blind or visually impaired

  • From: "kimsan" <kimsansong@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 08:10:12 -0700

Sam, Thank you for the input.

From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of White Samuel L
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 4:32 AM
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: jfw for the blind or visually impaired

Well, at one time I was at the point I could read 20 point text and had the
opportunity to start with JAWs.  I could still read, so why should I start
using JAWs was my thinking.  Well, I was wrong.  My vision got worst and my
computer skills using JAWs became very very frustrating (I almost gave up
using the computer).  But after long hours of studying, I was able to get
back to using the computer almost as well as I use too.

So, my long suggestion, is to learn it now.  That way, at least the user
will be able to see what JAWs is reading and how different what they hear
and see are.  It is very difficult to visualize what is on the screen when
all you hear is text being read and 'graphic', 'graphic', 'graphic'. (and
the reason JAWs only says 'graphic', is because the developer was to lazy to
label or set the attribute with a name or title)

Oh forgive me I digress.  Because I am a developer and I know how easy it is
to make an application accessible.

So, let them learn it now.

sam

  _____