RE: jfw for the blind or visually impaired

  • From: "White Samuel L" <Samuel.L.White@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 06:32:15 -0500

Well, at one time I was at the point I could read 20 point text and had
the opportunity to start with JAWs.  I could still read, so why should I
start using JAWs was my thinking.  Well, I was wrong.  My vision got
worst and my computer skills using JAWs became very very frustrating (I
almost gave up using the computer).  But after long hours of studying, I
was able to get back to using the computer almost as well as I use too.

So, my long suggestion, is to learn it now.  That way, at least the user
will be able to see what JAWs is reading and how different what they
hear and see are.  It is very difficult to visualize what is on the
screen when all you hear is text being read and 'graphic', 'graphic',
'graphic'. (and the reason JAWs only says 'graphic', is because the
developer was to lazy to label or set the attribute with a name or
title)
Oh forgive me I digress.  Because I am a developer and I know how easy
it is to make an application accessible.
So, let them learn it now.
sam