jfw for the blind or visually impaired

  • From: "Kimsan Song" <kimsansong@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 15:18:17 -0700

Hello:

I wanted to post this here seeing as this mailing list gets lots of
traffick.

My question is concerning the use of jaws and is the "screen" reader mainly
used for completely blind individuals or partially sighted individuals?

I am not a teacher for the blind, so it is interesting to me when a person
is told due to his or her "lack of vision" jaws will be reccomended. So, the
question raised here is where would a persons vision need to be at in order
to use jaws? If someone can read 20 point font or higher would jaws be
necessary?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Take care.