Re: jfw crashing with windows 7

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 21:40:14 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Soronel Haetir" <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>

To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 9:14 PM
Subject: Re: jfw crashing with windows 7

Libraries (in this context) are collections of code that are (or at
least can be) used by many programs.  The term 'run time' means that
they are used when the program is executed,which  distinguishes them
from actions which occur when the raw source that programmers write is
transformed into binaries that the computer understands.

The libraries at issue with the bug I experience are specific to a
particular version of Microsoft Visual C++, a particular
implementation of the C and C++ programming languages.  Each of those
languages has a ISO ratified standard that vendors such as MS work to
implement to greater or lesser degrees of fidelity.

File handling is an example of the sort of functionality that comes
from libraries.  Operating systems provide file handling routines, but
they can vary from system to system.  The language standard mentioned
above defines common interfaces that programs can use and so long as
the vendor followed the standard the program will work.

On 1/8/10, Dorothy Ingram-Gorban <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Please can you tell me what a run time Library dialogue is? I have heard
it
before, my very first Email ever sent was with a dial up connection and
Bang
down the line came some thing called Blaster ! it needed an engineer to
kill
it,he said it was settled in that library you mentioned Dll system 32 and
am still not sure where that is thanks dorothy