Re: jfw and ms word & control insert rite arrow keystrokes

  • From: "Roy Nickelson" <roylee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 11:20:30 -0500

hi,
what happens when you try it?  if you type a something like the following

this is a 123.456.789.0 test
if you use the regular move by word command it takes several keystrokes to
get past the number if you use the control+insert+right arrow it takes one.
It works just as advertised.
from the what's new section
of jaws help
New Navigation Keystrokes Added

Two new commands have been added, which you can assign in Keyboard Manager.
The Scripts found in the default file are called:
NumericDataSayNextAsSingleUnit
and NumericDataSayPriorAsSingleUnit.

If you have a long word filled with numbers and punctuation, such as an IP
address or stock quote, press one of these keystrokes to move forward or
backward
past the whole unit. This can make navigating in such material much quicker
and easier to understand. Remember that these keystrokes are not assigned,
you must assign them yourself. They are named as they are so you can easily
find them in Keyboard Manager located in the Default file.

We recommend that you assign these to new keystrokes such as CTRL+JAWS
Key+RIGHT or LEFT ARROW respectively.

These scripts were intended as solutions for users who need a way to quickly
skip past a whole series of digits and punctuation. If were not using
Braille,
doing this in previous versions of JAWS could be quite long and exhausting.
There is a new TSN posted to explain this for anyone with version 4.51 that
would like to add this feature to JAWS.
Roy