Re: jfw and focus

  • From: "Adam Daou" <adam.daou@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 20:31:57 -0400

Hi Keith,
I see  this focus problem everyday in both XP home and XP pro. I don' think
it's a Jaws problem because it happens with any software whether adaptive or
not. So, often like you I have to alt tab to return to business. Sometimes alt
F4 doesn't work either, and I have to use alt spacebar then c to get out of a
program. I strongly believe that this is a coordination and synchronization
problem between the Operating System and the guest applications. In our
computers, we have many visible applications with a window frame, but much more
are hidden with no window to shelter them. On top of that, there's an invisible
lineup in the system, and often after closing one application, the next one
although visible to the sighted is in a deep sleep and we have to wake it up
either by clicking on it with the mouse or by using alt tab. So,  that's the
reality of computer programming, and there's no surprise here. I've often said
that computers or any other product out there are not designed by angels. They
have bugs, and they will crash no matter what. We have to be flexible, adapt
and hope for better tomorrows.
Adam