jfw Video intercept error

  • From: "Michael McDermott" <mmcderm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 13:41:21 -0400

Good day folks, I am writing regarding a problem I recently experienced.
The problem is a jfw video intercept error, and I am wondering if any of
you might be able to help me with this issue.  Recently I reformatted my
hard drive and got things back together working fine with jfw then I
emailed to the list regarding Windows Updater and upgraded to service
pack 2 and things were working fine with that and jfw7.0, but then I got
a message from windows updater about a new video driver for my system so
I foolishly downloaded it and installed it, then that's when the
intercept error starting occurring.  Previous to installing the video
driver I did a system restore point so when the error comes up I can
recover?  However, I left my home for a week, and when I got back that
nasty error was on my screen waiting for me and I had no voice.  I got
sighted assistance and came up with the system restore point and am
operational again, but I am looking for advice as to what I did to
create the problem and how to solve it.  I assume I could reload my
computer's original video driver, but won't I then have to uninstall the
other or is there a setting in the control panel to select a particular
driver?  Or will the problem be fixed by going to jfw 7.1?  Any advice
would be appreciated please.  If you would like to send email to me only
my address is mmcderm@xxxxxxxxxxx