Re: jfw Digest V6 #1379

  • From: "Christopher Sharp" <cdjsharp@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 20:09:45 -0700

Hi , this is Christopher. I haven't had any troubles with AVG 9.0 so far. I use Jaws 6.20. I hope that helps. ----- Original Message ----- From: <jfw-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: "jfw digest users" <jfw-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 6:18 PM
Subject: jfw Digest V6 #1379

jfw Digest Tue, 17 Nov 2009 Volume: 06  Issue: 1379

In This Issue:
Re: jaws and thunder bird
RE: MacAfee with Jaws
re: Focus Issues Post AVG 9.0 Install
Re: jaws and thunder bird
Re: jaws and thunder bird
Re: jaws and thunder bird
Solution to Focus Issues Post AVG 9.0 Install
Re: MacAfee with Jaws
Medical transcriptions
Trying to download audacity
Re: Medical transcriptions
Re: GAmes
Re: download for windows live mail
Re: Focus Issues
mesenager plus
Re: jaws and thunder bird
yahoo! mail problems
Re: Medical transcriptions
Re: Medical transcriptions
tables in MS Word 2003
Re: yahoo! mail problems

Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:15:54 +1100
From: Agent086b <agent_086b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: jaws and thunder bird

Hi,
haven't been following this thread, been busy doing other things.
Exactly what problems are you having with Thunderbird?
I am using Thunderbird version 2.0.0.23 (20090812) with JFW 11. with no
scripts or any other modifications. I am not having any real problems.
Max.

------------------------------

From: "Ron" <facup1927@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: MacAfee with Jaws
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 21:16:20 -0000

Hi.

Sorry to rock the boat here, but I use Jaws 10 and Micafee and never have to
do a virus check.  Occasionally when reading Word documents, I have probs,
but Insert F4 then escape usually sorts this.

Ron

From: Alan Clendinen <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: re: Focus Issues Post AVG 9.0 Install
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:16:59 -0500

I have also noticed this problem ever since updating to AVG 9. JAWS loses focus every 30 minutes. Another problem caused by AVG 9, is that if you are using a dial-up connection to the web, the modem does not disconnect when you exit Internet Explorer or Outlook Express. This bug first showed up in an earlier version of AVG, but was fixed by an update. Now it's back like a bad penney. These bugs in AVG 9 are making me consider switching to another anti-virus program. It's a bummer, because AVG is highly rated; it's certainly got more capability than MS Security Essentials.
Dave wrote:
Hi All, I installed the free version of AVG 9.0 a couple days ago. Since then, with JAWS 11, XP Home & Outlook Express, the system regularly loses focus
while I am reading or composing e mail messages.
Is there some AVG setting that might correct this? I don't believe in coincidence and this annoying problem only surfaced after this AVG install.

Thanks for help as always, Mitch

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:20:16 -0500
From: michael <michael.kizer944@xxxxxxxxx>

well you're lucky the problem i found is that i can type the e-mail
address and the subject but can't get to the message body with out
turning the virtual cursor off.

Agent086b wrote:

Hi,
haven't been following this thread, been busy doing other things.
Exactly what problems are you having with Thunderbird?
I am using Thunderbird version 2.0.0.23 (20090812) with JFW 11. with
no scripts or any other modifications. I am not having any real problems.
Max.
Alternative archives located at:

or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:34:25 +1100
From: Agent086b <agent_086b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Surely that is only a small thing just turning the virtual cursor off
with insert + Z when in the message body.
That is the only slight matter I have found since switching from Eudora.
Max.

Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:47:19 -0500
From: michael <michael.kizer944@xxxxxxxxx>

well i've contacted freedom the said run jaws in deefalt mode might help
i told them what i foud works and am waiting to see what they say will
update list with new info.

Agent086b wrote:

Hi,
haven't been following this thread, been busy doing other things.
Exactly what problems are you having with Thunderbird?
I am using Thunderbird version 2.0.0.23 (20090812) with JFW 11. with
no scripts or any other modifications. I am not having any real
problems.
Max.
line.
Alternative archives located at:

If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the
list, or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the
list. Rather contact the list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: Alan Clendinen <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Solution to Focus Issues Post AVG 9.0 Install
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 17:20:48 -0500

On a hunch, I went into the components menu of AVG 9 and selected the Resident Sheild component. I tabbed to the check box and un-checked it, then tabbed to the save button and saved it before exiting. After doing the above, JAWS no longer loses focus every 30 minutes. Of course, turning off the resident sheild prevents AVG from constantly monitoring every file opened on the computer, but scheduled and on-demand scans for viruses will still work.

Alan

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/default.aspx?h=myidea?ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_myidea:112009

------------------------------

From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 14:28:30 -0800

Ron,

Are you actually able to make changes to the McAfee  parameters, schedule
scans, and adjust the quarantine heuristics?

Dave
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron" <facup1927@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Medical transcriptions
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 22:53:59 -0000

hallo List,
I have mislaid a recent post from a man who had been transcribing medical
notes but due to pain given up. he seemingly used Jaws to do this work? I am
curious, almost all my medical notes  have gone missing again.Hospital in
London a world famous eye hospital  feeling angry I insist they search and
eventually they found a few, I asked them to put on audio tape or cd,"we
have nothing to do that with! eventually they send them to a transcription
service skilled in the work,and they send me the result.A tape and some
papers,ink stained or in pencil some too faint to be read even by skilled
people, obviously several consultants have all added to them,listening to
the gallant effort made by the man transcribing I know he did his best,even
if I cannot guess what "Bilateral Pseudo Fakir is,sounds like a rather odd
sheik If you tell me I will tell them Dorothy. question is then is how can
jaws in USA do a better job  We sorely need it Dorothy ?

------------------------------

From: "Alan Dicey" <adicey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Trying to download audacity
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:00:26 -0500

Hello Friends,
Can some one give me some advise on how to or what to click on when trying
to download this
audacity  from  the page link below:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

Apparently the page is not very JAWS friendly, as I am not getting anywhere
trying to download this free program!

Here is my email address if this is an off topic post, but since it does
have to do with me trying to use my JAWS and which I cannot seem to do, I
think it is a legitimate message!

Adicey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance Folks!

With Best Regards,

Alan

Miami, Florida

Alan Dicey, President

"Yes, Blind or Visually Impaired People Can, and Do, Play Chess!!!"

United States Braille Chess Association Home Page:
http://www.crisscrosstech.com/usbca/

------------------------------

From: "Jamie Prater" <jdprater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Medical transcriptions
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 17:01:47 -0600

Hi, I am a woman and yes, I had to quit due to pain.  Jaws in conjunction
with software for this purpose as well as dictionaries and the internet and
combine that with a good ear and you have what it takes.  It's not an easy
job and not for the fainthearted as although I'm so very sorry for your
troubles, I must add that with the way doctors mumble, even with jaws, we've
had to put blanks in a report, but it sounds like our efforts here are far
better than what you have, and I sincerely symphatize and pray that you'll
get the records and care you need wherever you live and I will pray for you.
Have a blessed day.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>

From: "robert Doc Wright" <talmidim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: GAmes
From: "Robbie Miller" <Robbie.Miller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: download for windows live mail
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 17:29:34 -0600

Daniel, Chris,
thanks for the response.
While exploring my new Asus netbook, I found windows live already installed.
I don't know what version it is as I have not tried to set it up yet.
Thanks again.
Robbie

----- Original Message ----- From: Daniel McGee

Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:39:29 -0500
From: michael <michael.kizer944@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: mesenager plus

------------------------------

From: "Tom Behler" <tombehler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:45:08 -0700

The version of Thunderbird we use here at work is version 2.0.0.23.

I am using Jaws 11.0 with Windows XP Pro.

Here are my major problems with Jaws and Thunderbird:

1.  On the work computer, I find that I have to turn the cursor on and off
when reading and replying to messages with insert Z.  I don't have to do
that on my other computers, and can't figure out what setting may be
different.

2.   I can't get Jaws to track
properly with Thunderbird when reading an e-mail message I have sent or
received. In some cases, lines are skipped, while, in other cases, they are
repeated.  In fact, it's to the point that, when composing a message, I
often have to do it in
Microsoft Word, and then paste it into the body of the message I'm sending.
It's a real pain to say the least.

3. Unlike Outlook Express, I have no idea in Thunderbird whether an e-mail I receive contains an attachment or not. I always have to do the file menu and check for attachments, which is inconvenient, since I have many e-mails
to work through here.

Any suggestions you might  have for configuring Jaws to work better with
Thunderbird would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Teresa!

Tom Behler in Colorado

----- Original Message ----- From: "Agent086b" <agent_086b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:06:49 -0800 (PST)
From: Michael Rouillard <michaelrouillard@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: yahoo! mail problems

Hi,
I am using jaws 10.0, IE 8, windows xp and yahoo! webmail. Every time I click on the link to my inbox, or a message, jaws crashes and I have to reboot the computer. I have tried reparing jaws with no luck.
What can I do?
Thanks, Michael Rouillard

------------------------------

From: "Cy Selfridge" <cyselfridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: tables in MS Word 2003
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 17:40:07 -0700

Hi all,
A short time ago someone posted how to eliminate tables in a Word document. I have a lousy document which has rows and columns it there any way to just
eliminate all that nonsense so I can read the blamed thing?
MS Word 2003, XP Home, Jaws 9 or 10.
Cy

From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: yahoo! mail problems
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 17:18:53 -0800

Hi,
I have a couple of ideas. First, there's a link close to the top of the yahoo mail pages that turns off automatic page updates, some sort of dynamic content. You might try that option. Another would be to switch over to Mozilla Firefox and see how yahoo behaves. I did that on one machine a while back before I updated it to JAWS 10.
Good luck.
Tom

----- Original Message ----- From: Michael Rouillard
I am using jaws 10.0, IE 8, windows xp and yahoo! webmail. Every time I click on the link to my inbox, or a message, jaws crashes and I have to reboot the computer. I have tried reparing jaws with no luck.
       What can I do?
       Thanks, Michael Rouillard

End of jfw Digest V6 #1379
Alternative archives located at: