RE: jfw Digest V4 #1072

  • From: <randy.eddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 10:47:32 -0400

The best way I find to use the system tray is :
Press JAWS Key+F11.
Arrow down through the list to the item you want to open.
Press ALT+D to open.

Randy Eddy
819 997-5493
randy.eddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Accessibility Tips
http://publiservice.gc.ca/services/act-tia/80000/80000_e.html

From: "Marc Rocheleau" <marcrocheleau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Windows XP, Jaws 8.0 and the mouse!
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 23:02:30 -0400

Hey everyone,
You can tell I have a new computer because the questions keep coming!

When I try and use the numpad as the mouse I run into a problem. Instead of
clicking where I navigate to using the numpad, the left mouse button on the
numpad clicks where the cursor from the actual mouse is on the screen. This
makes it impossible to access icons from my system tray and often results in me
clicking on the desktop or an open window instead.

Any ideas as to how this can be fixed? Thanks in advance!

-Marc

------------------------------

From: "G.W. Cox" <gwcox2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Windows XP, Jaws 8.0 and the mouse!
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 21:53:46 -0600

You should navigate to where you want to click with the Jaws cursor and use the
left mouse button on the numpad to click on what you want.
The easiest way to deal with the system tray is hold down the  Jaws key and hit
F 11. Then you can arrow through and enter on the items.

From: "Raul Gutierrez" <rpgutierrez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 21:02:33 -0700

well , hello everyone I been kind of running around all over   .the place and
getting ready to start my JFW  class.  part three continues