Re: jfw 8 and symantec antivirus corporate edition v10

  • From: Arnaud <arnaudb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 11:53:34 +0200

I have the same problem.

I have no solution, except I use NVDA as my screen reader whenever I have to use the symantec anti virus interface.

NVDA support SAV 10 very well, and it's free
http://www.nvda-project.org

Arnaud de Bonald - WeBlog: http://www.echo-on.org - Skype: Netcava

Philip Hall a écrit :
Hi. I seem to be having some sort of conflict between jaw 8 and Symantec antiviral corporate edition v10. If I start Symantec and go to the menu bar, if I attempt to do a quick scan, a full scan, or select any items in the configuration menu, Symantec comes back with a message the it has encountered a problem and wants me to either don't send or send an error report. Interesting enough, this also happens if I use freedom box system access, but does not happen if I use windoweyes v6.0. it seems to have a direct relation to which screen reader is active. by the way, the problem also does not occur if no screen reader is active.

I called freedom scientific about it, and they have no idea why this occurs.
anyone have any ideas?

Phil