Re: jaws/java

  • From: "Will Pearson" <will-pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 23:24:13 -0000

Hi Joy,

This depends on firstly your JAWS version, as v5.0 upwards has much improved
Java support, in my opinion, and the application.  If the application has
been coded in a certain way, using Swing to create it's interface, there's a
good chance it will work fairly well with JAWS.

In order to run any Java with JAWS you will need two things:
* The Java access bridge, available from http://www.sun.com/access
* A Java run-time environment (JRE), available from http://java.sun.com

Ultimately, trying out new applications with JAWS is a wait and see game.
You don't really know whether it will work until you try it.

Will Pearson
Microsoft MVP (Visual Developer/VC++)