Re: jaws50 manual

  • From: "Robert Hebert" <roberthebert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 11:02:38 -0700

Renaldo, I have been using Jaws50 for about 3 months so someone may have
better instructions but I just tried the following & it worked for me.
I have Jaws on my desktop so when I entered there I was immediately in the
options menu.
From there, I arrowed down to the help sub menu.
Here I pressed enter again & was at Jaws help topics.
Here I pressed enter again & was at a tree view which said among other
things..." contents page introduction book closed."
You may hear things at this point such as index or search page. So, if this
happens press control tab to cycle between 4 different pages & eventually
you will come to page described above that lists the ten help books in the
manual.
Arrow through the tree & when you find a topic you want, press enter.
Note at this point you will now have to use the F-6 key which you place you
in a window at the right of the screen where the actual manual text is
presented.
After pressing F-6 you can use your arrow keys to read the text.