RE: jaws11 and magicJack

  • From: "Richard P. Kelly" <rpkelly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 04:34:24 -0500

I'm going to dive back into the MJ support option next week and see if I can
get anywhere with them.  I suspect that some minor aspect of the programming
has changed which disallows some keyboard functionality.

Prior to MJ coming up on my system, I can still tab through the options.
Even here, Jaws announces Black on black for screen colors for items which
visually  are not so.  Once the service is up, I can no longer tab to items,
and when the cursor is placed on a control by a sighted person, it still in
JFW shows the display to be black on black even though visually such is not
the case.

If you have the headset set up for use, the Alt plus A keystroke will still
work to answer an incoming call.  I do still have to lift the regular phone
receiver and press the hang up button there to disengage a call.

The call quality is definitely improved with the upgrade.

We all need to endure the MJ version of tech support and let them know we
are using their product but are not very happy with the change to the
interface.  We have to be heard to affect a change.

Cheers!

Cordially,
Richard P. Kelly
rpkelly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx