Re: jaws, talks, or mobile speak

  • From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 19:39:41 -0600

Chip,

The KNFB Reader Mobile only runs on a Nokia N82 at the current time.  This is
because the N82 has a 5 megapixel camera and a xenon flash which provide the
quality picture needed for accurate OCR.  The phone runs on the Symbian 60 3rd
Edition operating system and works on GSM networks such as AT&T and T-Mobile.
There are no phones on Verizon or Sprint that currently meet the specifications
for the Reader.

Gary King
w4wkz@xxxxxxxx