jaws sometimes just stays silent if I try to load it

  • From: "nicol" <nicoljacobus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 21:08:09 +0200

hi
The following happens after I played an audio game.
Like now the other day I played a game of pipe2, it's a game from  bsc
games. I unloaded jaws  before starting the game. When  I have exit the game
and I pressed control+alt+j, nothing happens. I  waited for a long time but
nothing happens. Then I  loaded narrator, because I also have set a shortcut
key for narrator. When  narrator started to talk, I pressed control+alt+j
again. Then I pressed narator's hot key to read the current window: control
shift space, and narrator said: jaws config message window.So that means
that jaws is running but there's no speech. I never selected the no speech
option in the control+inSert+s dialogue. Before I started my game all I did
was to unload jaws with  insert+f4. So  what  causes jaws not to speak?
I'm sure that this config message window thing comes up whenever jaws is
active. I set jaws to run in the system tray, so when jaws is running and I
press control+alt+j jaws says: jaws config message window. So  that's proof
that jaws is already running. But now narrator  said the same thing so it
means that jaws started without speech for some  weird reason.