Re: jaws script help

  • From: Rouillardmike@xxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 11:16:57 EDT

Hello,
You don't need to create a jaws script for this task. Do the  following:
1. open the program in which you don't want jaws to speak
2. make sure the program is maximised
3. press insert+f2 to bring up the list of jaws managers
4. press c to select configuration manager and hit enter
5. press alt+s to bring up the settings menu
6. hit a for advanced options
7. check the sleep mode enable box and hit enter
8. exit the configuration manager and be sure to save your settings

Note: when you open the configuration manager, you will be asked to create
a new configuration file. Just hit enter at this prompt to accept the
default  file name and proceed with the steps above.

Mike Rouillard

In a message dated 5/2/2010 10:48:54 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rtverity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I am not sure what you mean when you say that the script  file doesn't
exist.  Do you mean that it has been deleted or just that it  doesn't function
in your application?

When you put JAWS to sleep for an application, none of  the JAWS scripts
are going to work in that application because JAWS is  asleep.

HTH