Re: jaws sapi voices

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 21:32:12 +0000

Hi, you can't use any SAPI synthesizers during a JAWS install anyway; only Eloquence will come up talking. Sorry I couldn't be of any more help, but just to let you know that.

karim lakhani wrote:
Hello,
I'm trying to figure out why jaws install doesn't come up talking but then I
notice all my windows sounds seem to be not working.
All other things play fine on it.
When it shuts down the windows sound is not heard.
I'm finding it hard to believe that only the one portion of the sound card
is not working.
I've played with all the settings in device manager and sounds but no matter
what the windows sounds don't play.
When I was listening to music I could hear my new mail sounds as well as
other sounds.
Does jaws require some kind of special driver to work with the SAPI
synthesizers?
Thanks.