RE: jaws not speaking quotations and apostrophe marks

  • From: "David Weddle" <ddweddle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:55:53 -0700

Hi, Loreal:

Although I've been following and thinking about your plight on another
list, for some reason it just occurred to me:  Do you experience the
same problem if you change the font you are working wih?  Despite any
claims to the contrary, I've found that some fonts just don't do well
with JAWS.  More than once I've been frustrated by JAWS not reading
correctly when advancing character by character, only to have the
problem corrected by changing to a true type font like Courier.

Good Luck.

Take care...
Dave Weddle