Re: jaws not saying control panel list

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 20:24:25 -0800

here's a suggestion.  Why don't you set the Control Panel items to display
as a list, or as a list including details, instead of as icons?  Icons
arrange themselves entirely differently on a screen than a list, and it's a
clever Jaws user who can figure out what's going on and realize he or she
has to arrow back and forth and up and down to explore the contents of that
or any folder listview in Windows Explorer, too.

Just open the View menu, and set Control Panel to display as a list, or as
details.

Hope that helps.  Screen reader users don't need icons for their amusement
or decoration when a list is possible, instead.