Re: jaws not reading text fields

  • From: Mike Rouillard <rouillardmike@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 14:58:21 -0500

Hello,
Try the following:
1. close jaws by pressing insert+f4 followed by enter
2. press windows+r to open the run dialogue
3. type jaws10 /default
4. press enter
5. when jaws starts, open notepad and see if the problem persists
if the problem persists, do the following:
1. go to start\all programs or programs\jaws\explore jaws\explore my settings
2. open the personalised settings folder
3. press control+a
4. press shift+delete and say yes
5. exit jaws and start jaws as you normally would
6. reconfigure all of your jaws settings and see if the problem persists
If the problem still persists, try the following
1. go to run and type msconfig
2. go to the startup tab and click on disable all
3. close the window and restart your computer
4. reenable each item, one at a time, until you find out which one was causing the problem
Be sure to restart the computer after reenabeling each item.

Mike Rouillard