Re: jaws issue/bug

  • From: "Robert Hebert" <roberthebert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 20:53:18 -0800

Brandon, quickmix is a nifty little program for creating various volume options
in some applications.
Another fix I have found is to create a shortcut for your volume control to
your desktop or start menu, if you prefer, but I prefer the desktop.
To do this, simply go to the control panel and select "sounds and audio
devices". Now hit the F-10 key to bring up your context menu and arrow down to
create shortcut and place this item on your desktop.
In my case with a sound blaster live card, when I enter on this icon, I am
placed in the left-right balance box. I know the second tab takes me to my
volume control and now up and down arrows raise and lower my volume
respectively.
Another helpful tip is to rename your volume control on the desktop with a name
that will give it a unique letter. In my case, I have 4 "v" icons on my desktop
so I call my volume control "boost volume" and as this is the only icon on my
desktop beginning with the letter "b" when a program changes (lowers) my
volume, I immediately minimize all aps to the desktop--Windows M then hit
letter "b", tab once and hold down the up arrow for a second or two and presto,
my volume is returned to the max., or whatever setting I wish as I can now hear
my speakers.