Re: jaws in action:

  • From: "Dave Durber" <d.durber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 07:15:12 -0400

For exactly the same reason how humans have trained dogs to round up sheep and
cattle, without any direct control.

Especially, in the case of sheep, where the dogs natural instinct is to worry
and hastle them.

In the case of cattle, it is amazing how a dog can herd animals that can weigh
two or three tons and more.

In either case, all done by remote control, with spoken words, calls and
whistles.

The reason why we as humans find things amazing, is because they are not within
our sphere of knowledge or understanding.  When we have knowledge and
understanding, the mystery and amazement are generally gone.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber